Wednesday, July 11, 2012

John Stout Drake -- He's Making Me Crazy

John Stout Drake:


Here is what I know:

John Stout Drake was born 24 Oct 1824, in Lyons, Wayne County, New York.  He was the son of Amos Stout Drake and Catherine Whaley.  He married Lucia A Cahoon on 02 Nov 1845.  The licensing information said that they were to be married in Plymouth, Wayne County, Michigan.  He would have been around 21 years old.  He was a farmer.

John Stout Drake and Lucia Cahoon had 11 children.  The first born was James Amos Drake, born around 1847.  The reason I mention him is because there are a few public family trees on Ancestry that have him marrying Mary Pease.  I know he did marry a Mary, but Mary Pease was John Stout Drake's third wife.

The second child born was Emery Eugene Drake in 1848.

The third child born to John Stout Drake and Lucia was the first girl, Ann or Anna R. Drake.  She was born in 1850.

Number 4 was Sidney S. Drake, born about 1852.  Up until recently I didn't know if Sidney was a boy or girl, but recently I found out -- IT"S A BOY.

Mary Serenus Drake, the second girl, came along about 1854.  I have sometimes found her middle name spelled Cyrenus.

Bird A Drake was born in 1857.  Then Alfred B Drake in 1859.  I've seen a lot of information being switched around.  For a while, I considered that Bird A and Alfred B could either be twins or the same person ... that he was Alfred but went by Bird.  I think that Bird is an unusual name and it will be explained in later entries -- hooking him to a James Cahoon.

In 1859, my great grandfather, Allison Royce Drake was born to John Stout Drake and I'm thinking that Lucia was exhausted by now.  Allison was born in Amboy Township, Hillsdale, Michigan.

Next Jane Drake was born around 1861.  Followed by Lucy Drake on 14 Nov 1863.  She, too was born in Amboy Township, Hillsdale, Michigan.

The last child to be born to John Stout Drake and Lucia was John C Drake.  He arrived on 27 Apr 1871 in  Amboy, Hillsdale, Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. Coincidence... I have an ancestor who was also named Jonathan Stout Drake, but he was born in Brown County, Ohio in 1815.

    Greg Drake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Greg, I'm glad to hear from you. Your Jonathan Stout Drake keeps popping up in all my research. I'm going out on a limb here, but whenever I see Stout as a middle name for a Drake, I'm pretty sure we're related. So I will call you Cuz and welcome you to the family. Have you done any research on Jonathan?

      Delete