Friday, August 31, 2012

What Did I Miss?

I am looking at a transcription from FamilySearch.org fromthe "Michigan, Births and Christenings, 1775-1995," for Lucia M. Drake.  The reason I printed this out was because it was a record for Lucia stating that she was born in Amboy, Hillsdale, Michigan.  I have also found a document that said she was born in Ohio.  It was just something to think about as the folks in that part of Michigan went back and forth across the state line all the time, but I was looking for more information about my great grandfather Allison Royce Drake. 

Anyway, on this birth record, it says her mother is Jane Drake, but the father's name is Henry Drake.  Now I don't think that Jane had a child with a Henry Drake, but I'm wondering if the reason I can't find any death records, or newspaper articles or anything like that is because he went by the name Henry.  His son Royse Allison went by the name "Bill."  Apparently his uncle, Frank Converse (Lucia Melissa's daughter) husband, that said Royse was too pretty of a name and he was going to call him Bill ... and it stuck. 

So maybe Allison went by Henry. I think he was a shady character and maybe he was looking to disappear.  It's something to check out, at least.  Leave no stone unturned.

No comments:

Post a Comment